FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the requirements I NEED TO MEET if I want to chaperone a field trip or overnight event?
Complete the FJUHSD Volunteer Assistance Request form: Chaperone form
After being contacted by the Educational Center Human Resources, make an appointment to get your fingerprints taken
You will be notified by the Educational Center HR if you're approved to be an overnight field trip chaperone
WHAT ARE THE COSTS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM?
- If your cadet loses part or all of their uniform, they will be assessed a fee. Uniform shirts, pants, belts or shoes can be replaced at the Supply department for free if your cadet outgrows them
- Uniform cleaning (monthly)
- Haircuts for males (every 2-3 weeks)
- Lost uniform items: refer to the Supply department for information on replacement costs.
- Field trips may require a small fee to help offset the cost of the bus
- If your cadet participates in one or more teams in the unit, they may be asked to pay a fee to help pay for competition fees and supplies.
- Competition trips that require an overnight stay or more will have a fee. The Booster Club works to decrease the costs of these trips through fundraisers. As an example, the price to compete in Orienteering Nationals in Orlando, FL was $410 per cadet. The Booster Club subsidized the remainder of the fees.
- We ask that each cadet make a $100 activity donation to help offset some of the costs of running the program (example: pay for cadet name tags, website hosting, change of command ceremonies, and supplies) and to participate in unit fundraisers such as restaurant dine-in events, email fundraisings, etc.
What are the requirements if I want to volunteer for an event?
- There are no special requirements to volunteer at our events. We are always in need of overnight chaperones, especially for the drill teams that occasionally travel long distances to compete.
Who can I contact if I have additional questions?